All our lawyers have worked in the industry and prove a multidisciplinary and united team.
- Bertrand RAGER, has a long experience of advising companies in many countries operating internationally on the optimisation of their customs organisation and costs, their indirect tax charges and their level of compliance -particularly in terms of export control- and security in the management, including electronic management, of their international flows of goods and services.
- After working at E & Y and then Arthur Andersen, Bertrand was pan-European VAT and CUSTOMS Director at the Delphi Automotive Systems group.
- He is an international corporate lawyer, and is involved in consultations, audits and litigation both in France and the EMEA zone.
- Founder of Custax & Legal, he operates globally via the worldwide TTA network of independent experts in export control and customs, of which he is a member since its inception, and via a European network of VAT specialists.
- In his free time Bertrand, a music lover, reads a lot, swims, and saves time for his wife, his three children and two grandsons.
- Tax & Customs Lawyer since 1991,
- Master in economics (thesis on Sogo Shoshas)
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
Member of customs think-tanks both In England and Germany, member of French SIEPS and ODASCE; Bertrand also chairs the International Commission of the FIEEC and teaches Customs law in Ireland
English, German & French
Over the years, Lucie Cordier has developed an expertise in export control with regard to international flows of strategic and sensitive products. She is also active in the aerospace and defence sectors. Lucie is currently attending a certified training course in customs law.
Prior to joining Custax & Legal as a lawyer, Lucie worked for a renowned French economic intelligence agency and for the largest aerospace companies both in France and the UK. She has also dealt with air, civil and commercial litigation within international law firms.
She assists her clients on issues relating to strategic goods, including military and dual-use goods (rating & classification, obtaining and managing licences and authorisations, managing related customs issues, training, drafting internal compliance procedures, etc.).
Corporate lawyer for Airbus Defence and Space in England for nearly three years, Lucie returned to Paris to pass the Bar and practice as a lawyer.
In her free time, Lucie trains for triathlons, plays drums and flies aeroplanes.
She is also interested in space-related issues and she won in 2017 the Royal Aeronautical Society’s Young Person’s Lecture Award for an article about “Space Traffic Management”.
- McGill Annual Strategic Space Law Course (Cyber Edition), Centre for Research in Air and Space Law, 2020
- Paris Bar
- Master 2 European Business Law, University Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas, 2015
- Master 2 Space and Telecommunication Law, University of Paris-Saclay, 2014
- Master’s degree in Business Law, University of Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas, 2013
- Law degree, University of Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas, 2012
- Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC)
- Legal team member since 2020
- Legal co-lead from 2017 to 2020
- IHEDN’s youth
- Member of the Aerospace Committee
- Member of the Cyber Committee
- After a rich career within the Saint-Gobain PAM group, where she worked as an executive assistant to the Industrial Director and the Deputy Managing Director of SGPAM, Sylviane joined Custax & Legal where she brings her know-how and experience.
- Acting as a binder and facilitator, “go-between” and “trouble-shooter” while relieving the firm’s lawyers of unavoidable but time-consuming administrative tasks, Sylviane frees up precious time for others.
- With her unfailingly good humour, she contributes to the conviviality and well-being of all those involved, both internal and external.
In her free time, Sylviane is involved in a “Kiwanis PAM” service club which works to help sick, handicapped or troubled children…