Below, our main though not exclusive areas of expertise and experience.
Customs Engineering & Law
- Technical and legal support for product classification(s)
- Audits of simple (HS) or complex classification processes (HS, dual use and military goods)
- Audit of the determination process of customs origin(s)
- Audit of the customs valuation process
- Audit of the operation of special procedures authorisations
- Audit of industrial processes and supply-chain
- Audit and support for AEO certification
- Drafting or adaptation of contracts (assistance in the choice of Incoterms) to take into account the risks related to customs law
- Setting up a customs clearance scheme and a supply chain adapted to the company (flows and goods)
- Assistance in the choice and implementation of special procedures
Consulting, audit and training
- Regulatory monitoring
- Pre-application assistance for BTI and BOI
- In-house training on all customs subjects (as a complement to the implementation or changes of procedures): classification, origin, value, contracts, use of Incoterms rules, international contracts; transit, inward processing, end-use; learning how to use international trade agreements (free trade, economic cooperation, regional, bilateral or unilateral, etc.) and the problems of certification of origin;
Customs disputes and litigation
- Purely customs
- Energy taxation
- Export controls
- Waste management
As a French member of the international “TTA” (Trusted Trade Alliance) network, Custax & Legal offers a solution adapted to the needs of its clients thanks to a multidisciplinary team of lawyers and experts in engineering and customs law capable of intervening anywhere in the world.
- Assistance with customs clearance or reimportation following damages to yachts or sales, maintenance or dismantling operations of business aircraft.
- Assistance with customs treatment of art masterpieces.
- Customs litigation in the field of aeronautical IPR management.
- Review of the entire classification of a Franco-German group prior to obtaining the status of approved exporter in order to benefit from preferential origin
- Assistance to French and English companies in the management of their customs procedures in the context of Brexit
- Audit of the customs practices of a group (FR, Mexico, Brazil and China) and assessment of contingent risks and liabilities and areas for improvement in terms of organisation and procedures to be implemented.
- Redefinition of a group’s supply chain in Africa; integration of regulatory constraints in order to achieve an optimised flow scenario for the entire zone.
- Training of commercial and technical teams in customs practices,
- Drafting of contracts for the sale of goods incorporating Incoterm 2020 rules and customs and regulatory parameters.
- Negotiation with foreign customs in the case of job-creating investments to obtain customs and tax facilities.
Would you like to call on our firm ?