Below, our main though not exclusive areas of expertise and experience.
Customs Engineering & Law
- Technical and legal review of product classification(s)
- Audits of simple or complex harmonized system (HS) and export control classification processes
- Audit of the determination of origin(s)
- Audit of the customs value determination process
- Operational audit of special customs regimes
- Audit of industrial and supply-chain processes
- Audit and support for AEO certification
- Drafting or adaptation of contracts (assistance in choosing Incoterms) to take into account the risks related to customs law
Process flow management
- Implementation of customs clearance strategies and a supply chain adapted to the company (process and goods flows)
- Assistance in choosing and setting up special regimes
Consulting, audit and training
- Regulatory monitoring
- Prior assistance upon request (BTI and BOI)
- Internal training on all customs subjects (as well as setting up procedures): classification, origin, value, contracts, use of Incoterms rules, international contracts; transit, inward processing, specific destination; learning how to use international trade agreements (free trade, economic cooperation, regional, bilateral or unilateral, etc.) and the issues of certification of origin;
- Customs matters
- Energy taxation
- Export control
- Waste management
Some of our experiences
As the French member of the international network “TTA” (Trusted Trade Alliance), Custax & Legal offers a solution adapted to the needs of its clients thanks to a multidisciplinary team made up of lawyers and experts in engineering and customs law established locally, allowing it to intervene all over the world.
- Assistance with national entry or reimportation following damages to yachts or business aircraft (returns regime), issues related to the use of temporary admission.
- Assistance to collectors or heirs for the importation into France of works of art.
- Customs litigation in aeronautical PA management methods and advice on the choice and use of special regimes leading to a restructuring and repositioning of the customs function.
- Audit of a technical industrial manufacturing process, resulting in refunds of energy tax wrongly paid.
- Comprehensive review of the classification database of a Franco-German group prior to obtaining the status of approved exporter in order to benefit from preferential origin.
- Assistance to French and English companies in the management of their customs procedures in the context of Brexit.
- Audit of a group’s customs practices (FR, Mexico, Brazil and China) and assessment of latent risks and avenues for improvement in terms of organisation and procedures to be put in place.
- Redefinition of a group’s supply chain in Africa; integration of regulatory constraints to achieve the best flow scenario over the entire region.
- Training of commercial and technical teams in customs practices.
- Drafting of contracts for the sale of goods incorporating Incoterm 2020 rules and customs and regulatory parameters.
- Negotiation with foreign customs during job-creating investments to obtain customs and tax facilitations.
Would you like to call on our firm ?