Export control

Did you know that fireworks were controlled for export?

Date : 14 July 2021

In France, fireworks are controlled for export!

Indeed, when exporting to countries outside the European Union, all explosive products (for military, civil or pyrotechnic use) are subject in France to an export authorisation for explosive products (AEPE) valid for one year. This authorisation is also needed when transfering military explosive products to EU member staters.

As for transfering civil explosive products to EU member states,  an Intra-Community Transfer Document (DTIE) is required.

The AEPE / DTIE must be applied for by the exporter prior to any export from Customs (DGDDI; Direction Générale des Droits et Douanes Indirectes).